Dr. Art Langer Featured in Business Standard
Business Standard Reports Columbia’s CTM “Eyes Larger India Play”
Center for Technology Management, July 25, 2014
In a recent conversation with Business Standard, WOS founder and chairman Art Langer discussed plans to extend the Center for Technology Management’s reach to Paris and India.
Under Langer’s direction, CTM will open a center in Paris in October. "We are getting more inquiries for [that] program,” he said. “We are as well looking at planning a unit in India. We are exploring various options on where to house the center in India, and we will decide on that shortly."
Langer emphasized a growing number of Indian technology professionals are enrolling in the Executive M.S. in Technology Management program offered by Columbia. It requires students to choose an intensive four and a half day residency plan based in Paris or New York City.
Agents of Change
Our founder Dr. Art Langer spoke at TEDxTeachersCollege in March. The conference explored how change affects “our personal lives, our disciplines, and our societies.”
WOS In The Community
As Workforce Opportunity Services continues to offer customized training and employment, we also have launched a new community-based initiative to further our mission of providing opportunities for advancement.
New Prudential Business Center to Offer Jobs to Veterans
On April 29, Prudential Financial announced it will open a technology and business operations center in El Paso, Texas. The center will provide job opportunities to military spouses, veterans and their families and members of the community.
WOS On Demand Officially Launches
WOS On Demand is a Social Enterprise whose mission is to connect young, motivated talent with career opportunities in small to mid size corporations. Our services are flexible, fees very competitive and the talent is sourced from the local community and ready to start immediately.
Success Story: Jordan Seales
Jordan Seales spends his days in a highly-secure, closed-off room, where the fogged windows can become clear with the push of a button. His job is to assess vulnerabilities to Johnson & Johnson's IT assets—a critical role in the increasingly complex world of information security.
Success Story: Derek Ecolano
Derek Ecolano's route to becoming a full-time IT analyst was anything but direct.
WOS Holiday Gala Highlights Growth, Success
It's a rare occasion to find a military veteran or a young IT professional hobnobbing with CIOs from multiple companies or leaders from prestigious universities. But that's exactly what happens at WOS' annual Holiday Gala.
Success Story: Anthony Hernandez
Anthony Hernandez has a saying he uses constantly: "Every day you wake up is a good day" Those are the words he lives by, never taking anything for granted.
WOS Veterans Enhance Knowledge by Attending PMI Event
Fifteen veterans from WOS attended the Project Management Institute (PMI) Delaware Valley Chapter's monthly dinner meeting on December 12, 2013 in King of Prussia, PA.
- United Rentals Hires WOS Veterans
- WOS and Merck Collaborate to Train Veterans
- Six Veterans Graduate From WOS Project Management Training
- Success Story: Leandro Bergamasco
- HP Partners with WOS to Train Veterans for Critical Roles
- 8 Veterans Hired by United Rentals Following WOS Training
- 11 Veterans Graduate from WOS’ Inaugural Training Program in Iowa
- Nine Students Graduate from WOS/Columbia IT Program
- Philip Curry Joins the WOS Family as Chief Financial Officer
- Prudential Teams with WOS to Launch Veteran Programs in 2 Cities
- 30 Newark Area Residents Graduate from WOS Rutgers/Horizon SOAR Program
- 16 NYCHA Residents Graduate from WOS/Columbia University Program
- WOS and Horizon Blue to Launch New Job Training Program in Newark
- WOS Partners with United Rentals to Train Veterans
- Prudential Ranked a Best Place to Work in IT
- WOS Partners with Merck
- Addie Rimmer Joins the WOS Family as the Director of Student Learning
- Avon Sponsors Second WOS Cohort; HBO Joins as Co-Sponsor
- Never Stop Learning
- Second Jacksonville Veterans Cohort Launches
- Meet the Wall Street Journal's New Contributor
- WOS Veterans Helping Veterans Overseas
- WOS Teams with Carnegie Mellon to Create the Entertainment Tech Leaders of Tomorrow
- Veterans Graduate from Inaugural Business Operations Program in PA
- 20 Veterans Complete Training in WOS Program