The administrative Assistant will provide support for the Logistics Team, and related areas. The ideal candidate will be able to handle a variety of tasks such as routine administrative assistant duties, confidential information, prepare reports and adhere to deadlines. This individual must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Technological and computer skills and interpersonal skills are vital to the success of this role.
- Post 9/11 Military Veteran with an Honorable discharge, OR currently serving in the National Guard/Reserve
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Available to work full-time
- Excellent phone skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task
- Good team player
- Maintain confidentiality and use tact and discretion when dealing with team tasks and responsibilities
- Independently answer routine matters and refer others to appropriate persons.
- Knowledge of grammatical composition; proofreading
- Routine filing systems as necessary
- Compile data from a variety of sources and prepare summary reports as directed.
- Prepare business documents.
- Attend meetings, take and transcribe minutes and assure proper distribution of minutes as requested.
- Schedule appointments and arrange meetings as requested.
- Support and maintain company policies
- Two or more years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Communication skills are critical (communicating with the general public in a courteous, helpful and clearly understood manner)
- Maintain confidentiality of information including personnel records, budgets, and other related matters
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented; ability to move from one task to another effectively; work well in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage and prioritize time and duties efficiently
- Work with limited supervision
- Experience with relational databases; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Full-Time (40 Hours/Week)
- $22.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Whitehouse Station, NJ
WOS is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. For more information, visit wforce.org