Join WOS and DTE Energy's
Automotive Technician Training Program
Program Launch Date: January 2018
This program provides a comprehensive and intense training program for highly motivated military veterans to prepare them for a long-term career. If selected for the program, participants will receive free training delivered by WOS and our partners.
Following successful completion of training, each participant selected will begin Full-Time work as an Automotive Technician Apprentice at our partner, DTE Energy, located in Detroit, MI.
- Military veteran with service past 9/11/2001 (Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve)
- Veterans not currently serving in the National Guard or Reserve must have an honorable discharge
- Availability to work full-time
The Automotive Technician Training Program consists of:
- 6 months of training at Henry Ford College in Dearborn, MI.
- During training, each participant will receive a stipend
- All training will be delivered FREE at no cost to the participant (this program does NOT utilize the GI Bill)
- Classes are eligible for college credit
- Following training, each participant will work full-time as a WOS consultant at DTE Energy as an Automotive Technician Apprentice. During the consultancy period, each participant will receive:
- $19.23/Hour (plus benefits)
- Opportunity to earn a CDL-A
- Once the consultancy is completed, each consultant is eligible to be hired as a Full-Time employee at DTE Energy.
Benefits (during consultancy period)
- Health Insurance - Free single coverage health insurance (after 90 days full-time) ◦ This means nothing will be deducted from your paycheck
- Paid Vacation - 10 days paid vacation/year
- Paid Holidays - All company approved holidays
- Education Assistance:
- Tuition Assistance - Towards a FIRST degree (Bachelor or Associate) at a State college or university - this includes all applicable fees (books, facilities, etc.) OR
- Loan Reimbursement - For student loans originating from a 1st degree (Bachelor or Associate)
- Individual Mentor - It is the individual mentor's sole responsibility to make you successful in this program. The mentor will work closely with you to achieve personal, academic, and professional success. Having an individual mentor can make all the difference.
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services