Join the “VETS for DATA” Program
This program provides a comprehensive and intense training program for highly motivated military veterans to prepare them for a long term career. If selected for the program, participants will receive free training delivered by WOS and our partners.
Following successful completion of training, each participant selected will begin Full-Time work as a Business Data Analyst at our partner, CareCentrix located in Stamford, CT.
This unique work-study opportunity differs from the typical job in the sense that we are a non-profit, charitable organization, whose mission is to transform lives through individual mentorship, education, and full-time employment. Full-time employment is only a piece of the larger WOS program, your hard work is supported by continued education and individual mentorship. This programmatic solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path while providing the necessary support to help keep you there.
- Military veteran with service past 9/11/2001 (Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve)
- Veterans not currently serving in the National Guard or Reserve must have an honorable discharge
- High School Diploma or GED (Associates Degree, or higher preferred)
- Availability to work full-time
Successful completion of the program will result in:
- An individual contributor responsible for providing support through research and analysis. You will drive value through:
- Analyzing the current environment and future trends
- Extracting actionable insight from data to provide clear recommendations to senior leaders
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to provide analytical support
- Establishing and maintaining successful working relationships with others
- Utilizing deep technical knowledge to design, build and maintain analytical reporting
- Leveraging technology to develop innovative and creative solutions
- Creating and improving on required reporting, including monthly, quarterly and annual metrics
- Skill development:
- Critical thinking, logical inference (deductive and inductive), scenario analysis
- Writing skills with discussion of ideas, opinions, analyses
- Understanding of the process for data analysis
- Basic data analysis techniques (drill-down, pareto, etc.)
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint
- Search and research of information available on the Internet
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Academic Phase
- All training will be delivered FREE at no cost to the participant.
- Each participant will be compensated during the academic phase.
- Full-Time Work Phase
- $19.23/Hour - As a Full-Time employee AFTER successful completion of the academic phase.
- Health Insurance - Free single coverage health insurance (after 90 days full-time) ◦ This means nothing will be deducted from your paycheck
- Paid Vacation - 10 days paid vacation/year
- Paid Holidays - All company approved holidays
- Education Assistance:
- Tuition Assistance - Towards a FIRST degree (Bachelor or Associate) at a State college or university - this includes all applicable fees (books, facilities, etc.) OR
- Loan Reimbursement - For student loans originating from a 1st degree (Bachelor or Associate)
- Individual Mentor - It is the individual mentor's sole responsibility to make you successful in this program. The mentor will work closely with you to achieve personal, academic, and professional success. Having an individual mentor can make all the difference.
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services