Early Career Training and Employment Program
Join our program. Change your life.
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from historically underrepresented communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce.
In addition to Full-Time employment with our partner, this program provides NO COST skills-based training to highly motivated individuals. This training is tailored to the specific role and includes both technical and interpersonal components. This unique work-study opportunity differs from the typical job. Our solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path while providing the necessary support and mentorship to help keep you there.
- Early career OR military veteran
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Available to work full-time
- Phase 1 - Training (Up to 4 Weeks):
- Classes and certification test preparation will be held Monday – Friday
- Training will include:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Training and Certification (as needed)
- Phase 1 Compensation: $500/Week Stipend
- Phase 2 - Full-Time Employment:
- Full-Time work (38 hours/week) with a training component (2 hours/week)
- Throughout the program you will receive continued support and individual mentorship to ensure your success.
- Phase 2 Compensation:
- $22.50/Hour (Plus Benefits after 90 days)
Ready to hone your skills and put them to work? Are you a team player and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? If you are, then start your career as a Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Assist in analyzing and correlating large, complex data sets and provide information reports to users for further analysis
- Provide support to implement data visualization solutions using software such as (but not limited to) Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Splunk, and Palantir
- Data mining, building reports, and presenting data using a variety of visualization and business intelligence tools
- Assist in designing methods to help improve data quality and presenting conclusions of data analysis using statistical methods and tools
- Examine data from various platforms and multiple disparate or integrated data sources, merge structured and unstructured data, and develop and execute analytics reports and visualization toolsets
- Apply basic process, data, and applications/systems architecture.
- Assist in constructing databases and database objects
- Understand the data access methods deployed by the business and ensures there consistent and effective use
- Assist in designing and deploying robust data pipelines and reusable data assets that will transform our ability to deliver data and insights at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience
- Knowledge of databases e.g., SQL Server, Postgres, etc.
- Knowledge of developing queries and code in SQL
- Microsoft Certification
- Experience with data science tools such as R or Python is a plus.
- Full Time
- Training: $500/Week
- Full-Time: $22.50/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- New Brunswick, NJ