Customer Service Professional
WOS partners with Prudential Financial of El Paso, TX to recruit, train and hire Veterans, Military Spouses, and Guard/Reserve members. With operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America, Prudential provides customers with a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management. Prudential strives to create long-term value for their stakeholders through strong business fundamentals, consistent with their mission guided by their vision and directed by their company's core values.
Tentative Start Date: September 9th, 2019
- The Office of the Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) administers the Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance program (SGLI). SGLI offers life insurance products to active duty service members, veterans and their families.
- We are interviewing for the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) Customer Service Professional Role, who Receives, evaluates, and answers customer inquiries, from service members, veterans and their families. This position is accountable for following processes & procedures associated with SGLI, answering product, account and policy inquiries, and promoting products and services by responding orally and/or in writing. Position includes servicing inbound and outbound calls, handling emails and processing incoming correspondence, using computerized systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide information to, and gathers information from: policy holders, parents, spouses, beneficiaries and the branches of service.
- Receive, evaluates and answer customer inquiries which are predominately routine but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts and procedures
- Analyze information, apply root cause problem solving techniques, accurate data collection and entry into various computerized systems
- Utilizes judgment and assesses risk when interacting with customers
- Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, providing information, or troubleshooting
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Answer product, account, policy and service inquiries, resolve problems, and promote products and services by responding verbally and/or in writing
- Assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services
- Handle most calls and claims inquiries independently and escalate properly when appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Military Veteran with service past 9/11/2001 (Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve) OR Spouse of a Military Veteran or Spouse of an Active Duty Service Member with service past 9/11/2001 (including National Guard or Reserve)
- Veterans must have an Honorable Discharge
- High School Diploma or GED
- Typically, 1-3 years of directly related customer service experience.
- Attention to detail is critical to this role
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Ability to learn and retain a large amount of technical information in a relatively short period of time
- College degree or equivalent business/military experience is preferred
- Strong people skills with an ability to think like the customer
- A passion for delivering top quality service
- Proven record of dependability. Punctual and reliable attendance is critical to the success of a fast moving, call center role
- Customer Service knowledge is a plus with a focus on MAGIC principles
- Receptivity to details and frequent performance feedback
- Proficiency with a keyboard and window-based applications, including the Internet
- Proven self-motivation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment, as well as work independently
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Pay and Benefits:
- $11.73/Hour paid bi-weekly until you convert to a Prudential employee (Conversion to Prudential employee dependent upon meeting performance metrics)
- Free individual health insurance for WOS employees
- Paid time off for company approved holidays
- Work at a Fortune 50 Company right here in El Paso, TX
- Learn to successfully work in a corporate workspace
- Opportunities to advance into team lead, supervisor and manager
- Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening, including a criminal and credit check, conducted by the Department of Veterans Affairs as a condition of employment in the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance. An applicant's refusal or failure to comply with this requirement will cause the applicant to become ineligible for this position. In addition, an applicant's failure to pass the Department of Veterans Affairs background screen may result in disciplinary action up to and including the termination of employment.
- Training will typically fall between the hours of 9am - 5pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday; however, the OSGLI Customer Service Center is open from 8am to 5pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday. To be considered, candidates must have the flexibility to be able to work either of the two shifts (7:50am – 3:50pm or 9am - 5:00pm Eastern Time) within those hours. Actual shift assignments will not be determined prior to hire.
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org.