- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Available to work full-time
This position is responsible for traveling to pre-scheduled appointments to install energy efficient equipment and products. Services are targeted to the residential income-qualified residential market and are intended to introduce the various programs and incentive offerings that pertain to the customer segment.
- Perform all required duties as directed to install energy efficient equipment and products
- Daily travel to pre-scheduled appointments at apartments, condo units and other qualified building types
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the client
- Ensure the meeting of customer specifications and company quality standards
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Perform all required duties as directed to install energy efficient equipment and products including aerators, showerheads, and compact fluorescent lights. Install all energy efficiency equipment according to proper procedures.
- Perform blower door and combustion safety testing as required by the program.
- Work in a team atmosphere to collaborate and continuously improve operations year after year
- Occasional weekend travel to a job site to accommodate a customer’s need may be required
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One to three years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, construction, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications.
- One to two years of previous customer service/sales experience required.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required.
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools – Preferred
- Background preferred in one or more of the following: - Preferred
- Building science and design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization or related fields
- Building maintenance
- Home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls, or renewable energy
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient in using virtual platforms such as Google, Duo, FaceTime, and Zillow
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients, and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
Licenses and Certifications:
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certification Building Analyst (BA) and Envelope Professional (EP)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel approximately 95% of the time, including occasional overnight travel
- Springfield, IL