Information Systems Analyst
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS)—the leading non-profit organization connecting individuals from underserved populations with transformative career opportunities—in partnership with PSEG, is launching an information technology job placement and training program starting in July 2019. The program will provide advanced technical training to individuals with prior technology knowledge, as well as pathways to meaningful long-term employment.
Candidates selected for the program will receive free and comprehensive training, as well as a weekly stipend followed by the opportunity to work at PSEG through a paid work-study period, and eventually convert into a full-time PSEG employee.
For those interested in applying, we are looking for early career adults with working knowledge in information technology with the ability to commit to a full-time schedule starting July 25th, 2019.
REQUIRED. Prior education or relevant work experience in one of the following: computer science, computer information systems or networking/systems management.
- Program starts July 25th, 2019
- This program provides NO COST, comprehensive advanced training to highly motivated early career adults with prior knowledge in information technology. If selected for the program, you will receive customized training, followed by employment at our partner, PSEG.
- Program will focus on IT Desktop Support, Windows Administration, Network Administration and Database Administration.
- Due to the accelerated training timeline and intense curriculum candidates MUST have prior working knowledge in one of the following areas: Desktop Support / Windows Administration | Network Administration | Database Administration
- Program participants will receive an educational stipend/wage during the training/work-study phase of the program. After training, participants will receive an hourly wage of $18.50 (plus benefits after 90 days of Full-Time work) until hired by PSEG.
- Program Selection & Training: Newark, NJ
- Work-Study & Full-Time Work: Newark, NJ OR Salem, NJ
WOS is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. For more information, visit wforce.org