Insurance Claims Examiner/Customer Service Representative
WOS partners with a Fortune 500 leader to hire Veterans, Military Spouses, and Guard/Reserve members. With a global footprint, our partner provides customers with a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management. They strive to create long-term value for their stakeholders through strong business fundamentals, consistent with their mission guided by their vision and directed by their company's core values.
- Military veteran with service past 9/11/2001 (Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve) OR
- Spouse of a military veteran with service past 9/11/2001 (Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve)
- Veterans must have an Honorable Discharge
- High School Diploma or GED
- Availability to work full-time
WOS provides a pathway to meaningful career opportunities for Veterans and Military Spouses (see below). In this role, you will deliver benefit experiences that help protect financial wellness, making a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. In this role, you will provide exceptional customer service by managing your case load in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
This position is accountable for analyzing claims, following processes & procedures associated with handling and paying claims, calculating accurate benefit amounts, information gathering and accurately documenting, explaining benefit coverage, documenting. Position includes servicing inbound and outbound calls.
- Provide information to, and gather information from: policy holders, parents, spouses, beneficiaries and the branches of service.
- Receive, evaluate and answer customer inquiries which are predominately routine but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts and procedures
- Analyze information, apply root cause problem solving techniques, accurate data collection and entry into various computerized systems
- Utilizes judgment and assessing risk when rendering claim decisions
- Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, providing information, referrals, routine transactions and/or troubleshooting
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures to make appropriate claim decisions
- Answer product, account, policy and service inquiries, resolve problems, and promote products and services by responding verbally and/or in writing
- Assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services
- Handle most calls and claims processing transactions independently and escalate properly when appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Typically, 1-3 years of directly related customer service experience and/or well-developed claim experience. Financial or banking background preferred
- Attention to detail is critical to this role
- Ability to learn and retain a large amount of technical information in a relatively short period of time
- College degree or equivalent business/military experience is preferred
- Strong people skills with an ability to think like the customer
- A passion for delivering top quality service
- Proven record of dependability. Punctual and reliable attendance is critical to the success of a fast moving, claims processing role
- Customer Service knowledge is a plus with a focus on MAGIC principles
- Receptivity to details and frequent performance feedback
- Proficiency with a keyboard and window-based applications, including the Internet
- Proven self-motivation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment, as well as work independently
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
WOS provides 10-12 weeks of paid training and will assist you in making the transition to Full-Time
Once hired, the role includes:
- Paid training on company products, systems and procedures.
- Continuing education credentials.
- Ongoing coaching and career development, individual and group coaching sessions and opportunities to participate in mentorship and personal development programs.
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org