IT Logistics Specialist
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire. Our partner is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations world wide, they provide commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
- Post 9/11 Veteran with an Honorable discharge, OR
- Currently serving in the National Guard or Reserve
- Availability to work full-time
IT Logistics Specialist is responsible for logistics (including oversight over computer, mobile, accessory and consumable inventory levels). Additionally, you would be responsible for adhering to proper asset management and legal procedures relating to chain-of-custody and data-retention.
Responsibilities and Major Duties (includes but are not limited too):
- Receive equipment requests, to be ordered from third party vendor, and housed at a vendor central location to meet the Project Schedule
- Place orders for equipment via email to vendor contact(s) indicating equipment type, quantity, ship to location and site contact name/number and cost center (or project name) from on-hand stock
- Responsible for the coordination of shipping from vendor, tracking delivery status and acceptance of equipment to designated offices based on Win 10 refresh schedule
- Responsible for managing spreadsheets and databases to be able to report status of any equipment order, shipping, etc.
- Responsible for Identifying and managing any additional supply items identified as required to support the Windows 10 project
- Coordination for “wiping” the hard drive and preparing machine to be disposed of by our hardware vendor (secure in a storage room at the local site)
- Coordination for “wiping” and reimaging for redeployment, to include shipping to another location, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs., occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Ability to work well with people from many difference disciplines with varying degrees of technical expertise. Work independently and manage workload at a high rate of speed
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- Full-time (immediate availability)
- Whitehouse Station, NJ
- $22.00/Hour (plus benefits)
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org