Who Are We?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner PSEG. Public Service Electric and Gas (PSEG) is New Jersey's largest provider of electric and gas service – serving 2.2 million electric customers and 1.8 million gas customers or nearly three out of every four people in the state.PSEG is a diversified energy company. Established in 1903, the company has long had a key role in fueling New Jersey's economy and supporting the state's quality of life. PSEG also owns and operates a diverse fleet of power plants with approximately 12,000 megawatts of generating capacity located primarily in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions and has solar energy facilities throughout the United States. Another member of the PSEG family of companies, PSEG Long Island, operates the electric transmission and distribution system of the Long Island Power Authority, with 1.1 million customers. PSEG has approximately 13,000 employees, who are carrying forward a proud tradition of dedicated service over more than 100 years.
- Post 9/11 Veteran with an Honorable discharge, OR
- Currently serving in the National Guard or Reserve
- Availability to work full-time
Overall Position Description:
Participates in IT project teams to meet project objectives implementing cyber security solutions within the technology portfolio supporting: threat analysis and incident response capabilities, threat protection capabilities, identity and access management capabilities, information protection capabilities and other technologies that emerge in the future that are needed to meet PSEG’s business objectives. Depending upon the level of the position, these projects may be small to mid-size and generally low to medium in impact, cost and complexity, or may include key strategic IT projects for PSEG. This position is a direct report to the Mgr. Infrastructure Delivery & IT Eng – Cybersecurity services.
- Works with various individuals to execute IT infrastructure projects through the PSEG’s IT project delivery methodology. This includes identifying, specifying and analyzing requirements and processes, managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process.Projects are technically difficult, requiring innovative and creative solutions and frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Ensures alignment with clients on scope, value proposition and overall project goals throughout the project. Works with all stakeholders to coordinate testing, installation, training and support. Coordinates the purchasing, installation and testing of selected vendor hardware and software.
- Documents business requirements, feasibility studies, and cost justification statements. Produces written documentation for proposals which describe solutions to business problems, including the software/equipment recommended, the cost of the software/equipment, and the time required to successfully (and fully) implement the solution. Documents are to include various dimensions such as simplicity, flexibility, strategy alignment as well as the cost to achieve.
- Contributes to drafting of statements of work and/or RFPs to secure third party services required to achieve business objectives.
- Researches and evaluates new or alternative solutions and recommends alternatives which will assist business management in attaining their strategic objectives.
- Contributes to the disaster recovery plan and implements and modifies solutions when necessary.
- Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT, including leading the introduction of best practices. Works independently with little or no supervision, works well in a team setting while demonstrating diversity and inclusion of ideas of project team members as well as others within PSEG.
- Minimal travel to PSEG locations within NJ and Long Island may be required. This is subject to change depending on the business conditions.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field (or military related experience)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities through projects or other work planning experiences
- Demonstrated experience working with outsourced vendors (on and off shore) within the information technology field
- Good to strong facilitation skills
- Strong judgment and management skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Good to excellent leadership, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and documented track record of solution design, implementation and support in technologies related to one or more of the below:
- threat analysis and incident response capabilities (e.g., SEIM, log management, security analytics, malware forensic tools)
- threat protection capabilities (e.g., antimalware, DDoS, IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.)
- identify identity and access management capabilities (e.g., Identity provisioning tools, strong or multi-factor authentication, privilege account management, password reset)
- information protection capabilities (e.g., digital rights management, encryption, PKI, data leak prevention)
- other technologies that support cyber security
- Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments
- Ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements
- Knowledgeable of techniques to effectively elicit requirements from end-users, individually or as a group (e.g. prototyping)
- Ability to define performance and scalability attributes, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
- A strong methodical approach to troubleshooting technology issues
- Ability to make recommendations and engineer projects from conception to successful implementation
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional, mixed matrix environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills
- Familiarity with managing software projects
- Full-Time / Immediate Availability
- $27.50/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Newark, NJ