IT Support Technician
Who We Are:
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that transforms early career professionals and veterans by cultivating their talents. We connect leading companies with ready to work professionals who reflect diverse communities and customers serve serve. Our partners rely on us to recruit employees with the highest potential who will remain committed to their work over long term. Our partner for this role, delivers cyber-physical security, advanced technology solutions, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies as well as to private industrial customers, worldwide. Inspired by our vision, driven by our mission, and strengthened by our values, our people, processes, and technology solve our customers’ most complex challenges to deliver a better world.
- Post 9/11 Veteran-honorably discharged or currently serving in the National Guard / Reserve OR
- Recent college graduate with a degree in a technology related program
- Great customer service skills
- Flexible work availability
Overall Position Description:
- In this role, under direct supervision and with mentoring and guidance, provides remote technical support to end users of company workstations, personal computers, hardware, software, peripherals and mobile/cellular devices.
- You will respond to standard questions, issues and problems reported via phone, chat or Instant Messengers.
- May investigate and respond to standard requests for information as well as IT issues, questions and problems.
- Assignments are directed at gaining experience in basic techniques and procedures for handling service, issues, questions and problems arising in the day to day use of individual workstations, computers, hardware and software.
- Ideal candidate will be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Provides remote technical support for standard configurations of workstations, personal computers and associated hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots standard software and hardware questions, issues, problems and failures via telephone, chat or Instant Messenger.
- Identifies complex issues, questions and problems and refers them to more senior staff or other IT groups for investigation and resolution.
- Screens, diagnoses and resolves or refers specific assigned inquiries and work requests received via phone, chat or Instant Messenger, related to maintenance of personal computers, workstations, software and associated hardware; refers those requests to appropriate IT staff for resolution.
- May work with other members of the staff to resolve more complex matters.
- Works to develop an understanding of standard issues, questions and problems with standard workstations, personal computers, software and associated hardware and the resolutions to those matters.
- Follows policies, procedures and standards in responding to end user requests and providing end user support.
- Documents and reports all service requests and their outcome, following standard procedures and practices.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate and assigned.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required and some relevant experience preferred
- At least one Microsoft or Cisco Certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and applications as well as knowledge of personal computer technology and hardware as well as cellular telephones.
- Knowledge of the M.I.S. environment
- Knowledge of MAC and Virtual Desktop preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- An aptitude for identifying, analyzing and resolving common technical issues, questions and problems with the personal computers, workstations, software and associated hardware
- Ability to write documents and procedure manuals
- Full-Time (40 hours/Week)
- On-Call rotation (Nights/Weekends/Holidays)
- Individual MUST be available to work any shift between the hours of 6am CST - 9pm CST.
- 9 hour shifts
- Richardson, TX