Junior Application Developer
The selected candidate(s) will work on web applications and web services. We are seeking candidates that have a strong foundation in programming, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related study/field, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Military Veteran OR recent college graduate with a Bachelor's degree in any of the following concentrations:
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Related STEM discipline
- Tech Savvy
- Availability to work full-time
- Immediate start date
- Able to pass an extensive background (if selected)
- Participate in the full project life cycle including gathering requirements, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support of applications
- Follow standard methodologies and Agile practices to produce high quality applications in an efficient manner
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
- Solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Understanding the full life-cycle of a software product.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Ability to work within an Agile team environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US (no sponsorship now or in the future).
- A problem solver with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to engage yourself in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved.
- Eager, ambitious, and adaptable to change.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Willingness to learning new technologies and models.
- Team player.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results.
- A strong aptitude in IT and the interest and drive to expand your IT skill set.
- Newark, NJ
- Full-Time Compensation: $25.00/Hour (Plus Benefits).
- Full-Time consultancy will last a minimum of 30 weeks, after which, you will be eligible for hire at PSEG
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a nonprofit dedicated to recruiting, training and placing underserved and veteran job seekers into long-lasting careers at prominent organizations. To date, WOS has served 5,300+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org