- Military Veteran (including Guard/Reserve) with the following knowledge/experience:
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Related STEM discipline
- Tech Savvy
- Availability to work full-time
- Immediate start date
- We are looking for an energetic self-starter that has a passion for learning as well as team collaboration. The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for understanding how technical solutions will drive value in the insurance industry and then seeing those solutions implemented through to completion! This role will have the responsibility of managing and coordinating IT projects of varying technology stacks and business value within the PRS application portfolio.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of project work plans to determine the required project effort and team members required.
- Work with business stakeholders/product owners to groom the team backlog of work.
- Act as a liaison and point of contact between project teams and stakeholders.
- Maintain key performance indicators to ensure projects come on time and within project budget.
- Cultivate and support a culture of learning and teaching.
- Assemble and lead project teams, maintain project budget & forecast, and manage issues & risks
- Coordinate Agile / Scrum project ceremonies, for example:
- Sprint Planning – In this ceremony, the project team plans the next 2 weeks of together in a self-delegating manner.
- Sprint Demos – In this ceremony, the project team reviews the key accomplishments over the past 2 weeks and gets to demo new, working software to end users.
- Sprint Retrospectives – In this ceremony, the project team reflects on what could have gone better and then votes on an area of weakness to improve upon for the next Sprint.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills via work, volunteer, or school projects
- Communication and interpersonal skills to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be able to work independently or within a team environment
- A servant leadership mentality
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Accountable and is able to hold others accountable
- Flexible and adaptable
- Passion for learning
- Good listener and open to different points of view
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- $28.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- Whitehouse Station, NJ