Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS)—the leading non-profit organization connecting individuals from underserved populations with transformative career opportunities—in partnership with PSEG, is launching an information technology job placement and training program starting in July 2019. The program will provide ADVANCED technical training to individuals with prior technical knowledge, as well as pathways to meaningful long-term employment.
Candidates selected for the program will receive FREE and comprehensive training, as well as a weekly stipend followed by the opportunity to work at PSEG through a paid work-study period, and eventually convert into a full-time PSEG employee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Security, Network Engineering, Computer Information Systems or any other related degree program
- Strong fundamental understanding of Networking, Windows Servers and/or database structures
- Able to commit to a full-time schedule starting July 25th, 2019.
- Program starts July 25th, 2019
- This program provides NO COST, comprehensive advanced training to highly motivated recent college graduated in the early stages of their careers with prior knowledge in IT. If selected for the program, you will receive customized training to enhance the skills you already posses, followed by employment at our partner, PSEG.
- Program will focus on Windows Administration, Network Administration and Database Administration.
- Due to the accelerated training timeline and intense curriculum candidates MUST have a degree in Computer Science AND prior working knowledge in one of the following areas: Windows Administration | Network Administration | Database Administration
- Program participants will receive an educational stipend/wage during the training/work-study phase of the program. After training, participants will receive an hourly wage of $18.50 (plus benefits after 90 days of Full-Time work) until hired by PSEG.
- Program Selection & Training: Newark, NJ
- Work-Study & Full-Time Work: Long Island, New York OR Newark, NJ OR Salem, NJ
- Things to consider: Training willing be held in Newark, NJ for everyone. However based on candidate home location once we reach the work/study & full-time portion of the program individuals will have the opportunity to work at the PSEG location closest to home which will either be (Bethpage) LI, NY, Newark, NJ or Salem, NJ
WOS is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. For more information, visit wforce.org