Early Career Training and Employment Program
Join our program. Change your life.
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from historically underrepresented communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce.
In addition to Full-Time employment with our partner, this program provides NO COST skills-based training to highly motivated individuals. This training is tailored to the specific role and includes both technical and interpersonal components. This unique work-study opportunity differs from the typical job. Our solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path while providing the necessary support and mentorship to help keep you there.
- Early career OR military veteran
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Available to work full-time
- Phase 1 - Training (Up to 4 Weeks):
- Classes and certification test preparation will be held Monday – Friday
- Training will include:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Training and Certification (as needed)
- Phase 1 Compensation: $500/Week Stipend
- Phase 2 - Full-Time Employment:
- Full-Time work (38 hours/week) with a training component (2 hours/week)
- Throughout the program you will receive continued support and individual mentorship to ensure your success.
- Phase 2 Compensation:
- $22.50/Hour (Plus Benefits after 90 days)
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Full Time
- Training: $500/Week
- Full-Time: $22.50/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- New Brunswick, NJ