Service Desk Technician
Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
- Recent college graduate, or current student with technology related coursework
- High School Diploma/GED
- Availability to begin work immediately in a full-time capacity
Assists in troubleshooting and resolving a range of technology related problems experienced by end users in utilization of IS hardware and software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming service calls and support requests via email submitted by internal and external users of Turner’s IS systems, and resolve Tier I issues.
- Escalate Tier II and above computer utilization issues for Turner's global user base.
- Identify and report trends observed by the service desk for potential issues/risks to Turner’s IS environment.
- Document tickets and maintain IS knowledge base library.
- Report and analyze service desk metrics.
- Participate in the rollout of new systems to establish support procedures as it relates to the service desk
- Train and mentor HQ Support Technicians, BU IS and end users.
- Compose and publish knowledge based articles related to common issues observed by the service desk for user base and IS staff.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts that foster customer service excellence for all of Turner’s technology users.
- Provide after-hours rotational support as the “on call” service desk specialist to Turner’s end users.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems or related field and minimum of 1 year of work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with troubleshooting and ticketing systems preferred
- Customer service experience
- Desktop\systems support experience preferred
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system, Office 365, MS Exchange, and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Office 2010/2013/2016 support
- Knowledge of mobile device support
- Understanding of malware/spyware/anti-virus software
- Able to effectively operate in a multi-tasking environment
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in a professional and effective manner via phone and email
- Full-Time. Working remotely supported. Candidate may be required to transition to in office. Local candidates preferred
- On Call (Rotational) may be required
- $20.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Dallas, TX