Are you a Military Veteran or currently serving in the Guard or Reserve? Do you have a passion for technology and has shown an interest in software development? Our partner is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer and they are looking for a veteran entry level software developer.
If you are looking to start your career as a software developer, WOS can help. WOS has been launching vets into technology careers for almost ten years; you could be next. If accepted into the WOS program, WOS consultants have immediate access to an individual mentor and no cost single health insurance and scholarships to pay for training or additional college after ninety days.. The WOS program is the best way for a veteran to launch their career in technology. This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire. Apply today!
- Post 9/11 Military Veteran with an Honorable discharge, OR currently serving in the National Guard/Reserve
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Available to work full-time
- Passion for Technology
This is an entry level developer position to assist in the development and maintenance of web applications and/or enterprise systems. It is an opportunity to add value to a team that is essential for the majority of insurance premium registration and gain visibility.
- Application/System design, code, test, deployment and maintenance.
- Apply excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills and ability to work successfully in a dynamic environment.
- Supports senior developers, team lead, architects and project staff to deliver high level or certified (detailed) estimates and new initiatives and/or recommendations for platform scalability, availability, upgrade and re-use
- Perform problem analysis, debugging and coding as part of new development
- Coordinate with other team members to work on solutions and on design/code reviews and take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work (including vendor deliverables)
- Maintain knowledge of current systems and hardware
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- At least one year of education in software engineering/computer programing
- Working independently and collaboratively with various teams and global stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills with a passion for continuous learning
- Positive attitude and superior communication skills
- Great time and task management skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Full-Time (40 Hours/Week)
- $22.50/Hour (Plus Amazing Benefits)
- Wilmington, DE
WOS is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. For more information, visit wforce.org