Responsible for recruiting diverse, high potential Talent in a high volume, ambitious, fast paced environment for a variety of positions. The position requires a high volume of sourcing and interviewing. The ideal candidate MUST be people oriented, extremely organized, and technically savvy in order to manage multiple databases. In this role you will be a part of full cycle recruiting as needed and must maintain excellent relations with hiring managers, candidates, and the community at-large.
- Member of the Full Cycle Candidate Management team tasked with Initial Identification, Qualifying/Vetting, through Hiring Process, Background Checks, and On-boarding.
- Review pipeline of potential candidates in our Applicant Tracking System, match applicants with job requirements based on candidate work history, skills, education, training and other qualifications
- Source active and passive candidates through employee referrals, networking, internal databases, contact lists, and research
- Conduct and champion in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through exceeding onsite conversion ratio goals
- Communicate job duties and responsibilities, compensation, work schedules, work environment and other organizational information to candidates
- Liaison between the candidate and WOS staff members with regard to recruitment status
- Conduct interview preparation with candidate
- Coordinate interview schedules
- Update and retrieve applicant information in ATS
- Prepare offer letters
- Conduct and monitor status of the background process, and updates the results in ATS
- Communicate with applicants on an as-needed basis during all phases of the recruitment process
- Build mechanisms to influence broader diversity sourcing efforts and pipelines across the sourcing team(s), leveraging non-conventional (out of scope thinking)
Community Engagement and Partnership Tasks:
- Create and foster relationships with colleges, Community Based Organizations and Veteran Service Organizations to build talent pipeline
- Proactively build diverse candidate pools, leveraging all available talent channels, including partnerships with diverse associations, alumni groups, and organizations
- Attend career fairs, veteran job fairs and on-campus information sessions as needed
- Stay engaged with applicant pool by fostering good relationships and building strong and trusting partnerships
What You Bring:
- Experience: 3-5 years of recruiting/sourcing in staffing industry. Primarily focused on mid-career talent.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Technical Background: The ideal candidate will have a technical background to support recruitment of candidates into various IT roles.
- Exceptional communications skills: You love listening and communicate in a way that engages people to work with you
- Ownership: You are independent, know how to focus on what matters, and committed to delivering.
- Make it happen approach: You love challenges and find solutions to tough problems. You reinvent and try new things, not afraid to fail- and value the learning in each experiment.
- Data Driven: Data and metrics shape your strategy for pipeline building, messaging to prospects and decision making.
- Passion for learning: You’re great at research and are curious about learning new industries, roles, and working methodologies.
- Detail-oriented: You’re on top of all moving parts, see the entire hiring picture and able to shift priorities as needed for the business.
- Self-Starter, track record of working in home-office or onsite with little supervision
- Independent, motivated, highly organized with a consistent, dogged approach to recruitment.
- $70k - $75k / Annually
- Free Individual Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Company Holidays
- Education Assistance/Reimbursement (Toward first degree - Bachelors/Associates)
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Hours based on New York Time
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserviced communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. This includes people of color, women, veterans, first-generation college graduates, and early-career aspirants.
Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 6000+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org