WOS’ Commitment to Privacy and Data Security
Workforce Opportunity Services is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that transforms early career professionals by cultivating their talents. We connect leading companies with a network of thousands of ready-to-work professionals who reflect diverse communities. Our partners rely on our expertise to recruit, educate, and train employees with the highest potential who will remain committed to their work over the long term.
How we collect and protect your information?
We collect and protect information from you when you visit our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, make a donation, or apply to become an employee or program participant. When using our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter personal information.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
WOS does not collect financial data; credit card transactions are collected by a third party provider PayPal. All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via PayPal. All transactions are processed through PayPal and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Applicant Stack is an online employment application product that may collect the following information if you apply to become an employee or a program participant.
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties; and/or
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by WOS for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at WOS;
Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
Third-party disclosure and third-party links
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website which enables us to show relevant and engaging ads to our site visitors. Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Otherwise, we do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Fair Information Practices
The United States Federal Trade Commission’s Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur we will notify you via email in 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you have the ability to opt out of our subscriber list.
How to contact us?