Communications Intern (Part-Time)
We are looking for a highly motivated Communications Intern to expand WOS’ brand awareness through content that showcases our organization’s mission and value proposition, as well as establishes WOS as the go-to source for diversity and inclusion and workforce development.
- Draft, edit, and post blog posts, byline articles, and website content
- Assist in developing and implementing social media strategy and performance analysis.
- Conduct research for various communications projects
- Other: Other projects will be assigned based off the intern's proven area of expertise, skill level, and projects pertinent to the Foundation.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources, or other relevant major)
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, blog writing, and social media
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator skills a plus, not required.
Qualified candidates MUST include the following to be considered:
- Two Writing Samples at no more than 500 words each (press release, short story, news article, etc.)
- $15.00 / Hour
- Part-time/Immediate availability (10-15 hours/week)
- Minimum of three months with potential extension for six-month position.
- New York, NY
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org