Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a non-profit, socially-driven organization that provides underserved and minority talent to companies across a number of industries and business functions. We have operations in over 60 locations in the US as well as an international presence. Our focus is to prepare our talented associates to be full-time employees at clients such as Prudential, J&J, PSE&G, Parsons, Blue Cross, Turner Construction, Bank of NY, GE, Automobile Club of America, and HP.
We are a growing social enterprise in need of a Copywriter who can translate our senior team’s vision into content that will reach our base through multiple channels. In this role, you'll be responsible for putting pen to paper the ideas and vision of our Chairman, his Chief of Staff and our Marketing Director. We work in a fast-paced environment that constantly requires quick turnarounds, so flexibility and organization is critical for success in this position. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative and able to easily adapt. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and capable of turning conversations into written pieces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write high-engagement content that reflects our brand's voice
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Senior staff to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Solid capability with writing for both long, and short form copy
- Produce error-free content that adheres to WOS’ style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Present copy concepts, serving as copy subject matter expert in formal meetings with senior and management level team members, for copy review and approval
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or above education in marketing or communications
- Experience in producing copy for digital and print channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator and Outlook
- Experience managing multiple projects with different timelines
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred
- A portfolio showcasing writing including marketing collateral
- WFH during COVID-19. Once conditions permit, work will be in our New York office.
- Up to $40/hr (Depending on Experience)