Junior Database Administrator
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire. Our partner is New Jersey's largest provider of electric and gas service – serving millions of electric and gas customers across the state.
- Military Veteran OR recent college graduate with a Bachelor's degree in any of the following concentrations:
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Related STEM discipline
- Tech Savvy
- Availability to work full-time
- Immediate start date
Overall Position Duties/Requirements:
- Carry out daily maintenance of Oracle stand-alone VM’s running Redhat Linux 7 and AIX Operating system.
- Maintain general health and assist with configuration of Exadata X3 servers running on Oracle Linux Operating system, for company’s Production, Test and DR servers.
- Assist in creating, altering and optimizing Oracle 12g and 11c databases.
- Support application team with database tasks such as database refreshes, performance testing and monitoring.
- Coordinate with Oracle Support Engineers to troubleshoot issues on Oracle database, servers and applications.
- 24x7 availability for response to critical issues and ongoing projects.
- Generate compliance reports on an annual, quarterly and weekly basis.
- Grant, revoke and create user access as needed.
- Respond to and complete tasks assigned via ServiceNOW Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Assist with scheduling and supporting Oracle Field Engineers during Exadata patching.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience in the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise
- Strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Experience working with or related coursework in Database Administration (Oracle)
- Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff
- Strong knowledge in Oracle database administration
- Strong knowledge in business analytics tools
- Strong knowledge in Redhat Linux 7 and AIX Operating system
- Full-Time / Immediate Availability
- Working hours may include On Call rotation on nights & weekends
- $20.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Bethpage, NY (Long Island)
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a nonprofit dedicated to recruiting, training and placing underserved and veteran job seekers into long-lasting careers at prominent organizations. To date, WOS has served 5,300+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org