Junior Software Analyst
This is a full-time consultancy role, with potential for hire. Our partner is a major health insurance provider in New Jersey offering products and services to NJ families and businesses.
- Current, or future, graduate in Computer Science, IS, IT, Engineering, Business Administration degree or related field
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry
- Familiarity with SDLC, testing tools, capability and usage
- Enthusiastic individual who is eager to learn
- Ability to work Full-Time
- Able to work and learn independently
This position will offer the candidate an opportunity to gain a foothold in a fast-growing field. The candidate will get invaluable experience in, and exposure to, a wide variety of tools and processes, while continuing to build on the knowledge gained in classroom and workplace settings.
- Support the team’s performance and organization through the use of existing project tracker tools and calendars
- Create forecasting tools using current technology/systems (Access, Excel, Monarch, etc.)
- Translate business requirements and assist IT with the development of technical specifications.
- Recommend solutions based on data analysis to increase business efficiency and/or improve existing processes.
- Participate in internal and external project workgroup(s) and presentations.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for projects, implementations, system fixes and enhancements, etc.
- Prepare materials for internal and external audit activities; may review audit findings/reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate and compile data across multiple Divisions in preparation for regulatory reporting requirements.
- Able to work and learn independently.
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry preferred.
- Strong Computer Skills-Microsoft Office products to include (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.)
- Team Player with strong Interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written Communication Skills
- Strong Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills are a must
- Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- $20.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Pennington, NJ
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org