Junior Software Developer
Are you a recent college graduate? Do you have a passion for technology and an interest in software development? Our partner PSEG - an energy company servicing Long Island, New York and New Jersey - is looking for a junior software developer.
If you are looking to start your career as a software developer, WOS can help. WOS has been launching untapped Talent into technology careers for almost ten years - you could be next. If accepted into the WOS program, WOS consultants have access to an individual mentor and no cost single health insurance and scholarships to pay for training or additional college. The WOS program is the best way to launch your career in technology. This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire. Apply today!
- College graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- Strong foundation in C##, .NET and/or SQL
- Available to work full-time
- Passionate about programming, takes a proactive approach to learner
- Curious, enjoys problem-solving
This is an entry level developer position to assist in the development and maintenance of web applications and/or enterprise systems. It is an opportunity to add value to a team that is essential in keeping the lights on.
- Application/System design, code, test, deployment and maintenance.
- Apply excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills and ability to work successfully in a dynamic environment.
- Supports senior developers, team lead, architects and project staff to deliver high level or certified (detailed) estimates and new initiatives and/or recommendations for platform scalability, availability, upgrade and re-use
- Perform problem analysis, debugging and coding as part of new development
- Coordinate with other team members to work on solutions and on design/code reviews and take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work (including vendor deliverables)
- Maintain knowledge of current systems and hardware
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- At least one internship or some work experience related to software development
- Working independently and collaboratively with various teams and global stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a passion for continuous learning
- Positive attitude and superior communication skills
- Great time and task management skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Must be able to pass extensive background check to include drug test
- Full-time (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm)
- Individual must be able to start as soon as possible
- Newark, NJ
- $18.50/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- This is a consultancy role. You will be employed by WOS until you are eligible for hire at PSEG.
WOS is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. For more information, visit wforce.org