- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Available to work full-time
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of the organizational marketing and communications vision as well as program specific marketing strategy and implementation. The person in this role is tasked with integrating digital and organizational communications strategy, with a focus on internal and external stakeholder engagement, while providing marketing, public relations, branding and event management support. A key intermediary across various departments, the Marketing Coordinator cultivates organizational messaging and editorial growth by helping to develop written content for public dissemination, as well as the presentation of multimedia content across multiple social media platforms. In this role you will also assist a multi-state team that manages the launch and day-to-day execution of co-marketing, branding and customer engagement initiatives with our partners.
- Content development and distribution across all digital media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn and other social media and visitor engagement platforms. All content will be approved prior to sharing on social media.
- In collaboration with teams across the organization, work to promote organizational materials on social media platforms.
- Monitor social media metrics and assist with creative design.
- Work closely with program managers and leadership to establish messaging around programs and critical announcements.
- Assist with content production for online platforms, including email campaigns, external facing website and company intranet.
- Assist in coordinating and publishing newsletters using Constant Contact.
- Copy edit digital content to meet standards for style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, clarity, accuracy, and accessibility, while maintaining consistency in branding and messaging.
- Research market trends and competitors to compare strategies.
- Assist in the development, promotion and production of virtual webinar series.
- Collaborate with internal team members, clients and subcontractors to develop print and electronic marketing materials including websites, direct mailers, brochures, testimonials, technical fact sheets, incentive application forms, email and direct mail campaigns, trade ally newsletters, advertising campaigns, posters, and display materials.
- Provide media relations support, including writing press releases, working with client and media contacts, and monitoring and flagging important news stories and trends.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned
- If not currently vaccinated, you must be willing to get vaccinated as a condition of employment, requiring you to get the first shot upon offer acceptance and the second shot on schedule as per CDC recommendation
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing or communications role.
- A demonstrated ability to be proactive and assertive in identifying and capturing growth opportunities, as well as thinking creatively and strategically.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in order to interface with various internal departments and management levels, and external stakeholders.
- Must have excellent presentation, public speaking and client interaction skills.
- Must be proficient in: Microsoft Office, SharePoint and prominent social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Demonstrated experience representing diverse cultures and communities in marketing projects and campaigns.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in writing, copy editing, and formatting for various outlets.
- Proficiency in Associated Press Style.
- Experience in conceptualizing, producing and implementing social media campaigns across various platforms.
- Knowledge of best practices in email campaign and social media management.
- Must be able to work independently, consistently meet deadlines, and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is highly creative and innovative in designing, planning, and executing.
- Detail-oriented and personable, with strong organizational skills and a love for storytelling.
- Graphics design experience using Adobe Creative Suite or other design software.
- Detroit, MI