This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Turner Construction Company. Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
- Post 9/11 Veteran-honorably discharged or currently serving in the National Guard / Reserve OR
- Recent college graduate with a degree in a program related to the field
- High School Diploma/GED
- Availability to work full-time
Install and support the basic components and services of Turner's IS Network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Install network components including routers, circuits, switches and wireless.
- Support Turner’s LAN/WAN in Turner data centers and the managed and unmanaged DMVPN network.
- Assist with support of all network infrastructure components for Turner BU’s and job sites.
- Ensure the proper functioning of IS’s monitoring tools.
- Provide Tier II support of the network infrastructure components and connectivity.
- Support business unit IS BU Engineers.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation describing the network topology and the components of the network.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or related field and minimum of 1 year of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understands fundamentals related to LAN/WAN computer environments and concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, cabling and wireless.
- Understands telephonic equipment, VOIP, LAN equipment, and peripheral network devices.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Able to effectively operate in a multi-tasking environment
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position travels regularly by motor vehicle, and occasionally by train and air.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Full-time (40 Hours/Week)
- $15.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Ballwin, MO
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services