The key responsibilities for this role include coordinating activities in the design, development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of internal software solutions. This individual will possess previous experience in management, cross-functional project management, and familiarity with full project lifecycles. Also necessary is extensive experience in a server-based application development, data quality integrity, database management, technical operations, and technical and software documentation. Previous experience in VB 6.0, C#, .NET, SQL, Crystal Reports, and the installation of desktop hardware and software is also required.
- Manage many aspects of the development life cycle: definition, design, code, test, deployment.
- Engage with business groups and partner with other technology groups to facilitate clear understanding of business need; deliver appropriate systematic solution to fit the needs of the business.
- Engage or directly manage solution design to ensure fit with platform architectural direction.
- Lead Development Team in a matrix organization with Project Managers, Business Analyst Leads, QA Leads, and Senior Management to work through project schedules and execution.
- Ensure rigorous resource and cost management. Maintain project level costs and give early warning of variances.
- Coach and provide guidance to next level of technical lead staff on a wide range of items from application delivery to professional mentoring.
- Ensure the dev team follows the development process and completes the appropriate documentation and reviews to maximize the predictability and success of projects.
- Function as the liaison between the product and development teams. This role requires the ability to grasp ownership from both the product and technical side.
- Lead a Team that consists of Systems Analysts, Developers to deliver key components of internal applications that support our product development efforts.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field with 5 + years application development experience (masters degree preferred).
- Mastery of the SDLC. Microsoft Certifications a plus (MCSD, MCSE, etc.).
- 4 + years of Team and/or Project Management experience across the full lifecycle, end-to-end software development.
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects.
- Experience leading and managing Software Engineers/Developers and Analysts resources in a matrix environment.
- Proven success using a structured software development.
- Ability to communicate with business leadership, as well as the end users and other technologists.
- Track record of completing software development projects on-time and on-budget with incremental deliverables.
- Adaptability; self-starter; team player; quality minded; focused; committed; work independently.
- Deep understanding of software best practices and methodologies including UML.
- Proven experience w/ relational database systems, data modeling and SQL.
- Excellent analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSD, MCSE, etc.) a plus.
- Full-Time (40 Hours/Week)
- $70.00 per Hour/Plus Benefits
- Los Angeles, CA