Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS)
is currently seeking a
Technical Instructor/Instructional Design
- WOS is seeking a multi-talented Instructor and Technology professional to develop and deliver high-quality instruction to a diverse student population who are seeking to acquire skills and credentials that will prepare them for career opportunities in technology.
- The success candidate must be a talented and passionate software engineer with a deep understanding of the environments, languages, frameworks, and tools associated with Java Development. You must be self-directed, self-motivated, and comfortable making intermediate-level decisions to adapt processes and curriculum delivery based on industry and client demand and class needs. We are looking for someone who is both business savvy and has technical knowledge and experience to meet the talent gaps among employers in the industry.
- The right candidate is able to apply industry experience to a classroom setting while identifying the skill levels of students and aligning instruction to fit students needs using course materials and hands-on instruction.
What you will do:
- Deliver training preparing students for entry-level careers in Information Technology, which includes daily instruction, assessment administration, attendance, one-on-one tutoring, evaluation and monitoring of individual student progress daily, addressing student violations with students in a consistent manner, and more
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Academics to identify and continually evaluate and evolve the training as new technologies become available.
- Provide students with access to relevant sources for outside learning on technologies and study aids relevant to the curriculum.
- Work closely with WOS team members to identify student needs, provide necessary support, establish individualized plans for student achievement, and participate in regular student status meetings.
- Maintain and update records with student grades and progress notes.
- Guide students to solutions without immediately providing the answer.
- Integrate feedback from team members on progress of class to determine tactical interventions.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science AND at least 5 years relevant working experience
- Teaching or corporate training experience
- Ability to translate complex information into easy to digest knowledge
- Working with diverse individuals and groups with varying learning styles
- Curriculum development and lesson planning
- Student assessment and tutoring
- Teaching technology topics to a diverse student population (a plus)
- Must be an expert in one or more of the following areas:
- Spring Boot
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Twelve-factor Application / Cloud-native Development
- CI / CD (Jenkins or Concourse)
- Angular JS
- Agile/XP environment
- JPA / Hibernate
- Spring Cloud
- Java EE
- SDLC Best Practices
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You have the ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Passionate about learning, helping others and making a positive impact.
- New York City, NY area (May require occasional travel to New Jersey)
- Full-Time (Immediate Availability)
- Based on Experience