* The Basics of Photography for Beginners
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS), a leading non-profit organization connecting individuals from underserved populations with transformative career opportunities, is hosting another FREE series - The Basics of Photography for Beginners. Each session is designed for individuals of ALL AGES and is aimed at expanding their horizon in the arts.
Photography is not just about capturing images, it is also about telling a story and evoking emotion. Photography has been used for artistic expression, storytelling, documentation, advertising, and even scientific research. For thousands of years, we’ve captured history with pictures. We’ve come a long way from drawing on the walls in caves. With the advancement of technology, photography has become more accessible. Smartphones have excellent cameras, however, mastering photography still requires a combination of technical knowledge, creative vision, and a willingness to experiment and learn. Remember that photography is a journey, and there’s always more to learn. Regardless of your skill level, you’re invited to join us and maybe learn a few tricks of the trade along the way.
This experience is designed to stimulate creativity
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023: Why We Make Photographs - There are many different genres of photography, such as portrait, landscape, wildlife, sports, news, and fashion among others. Each of these requires different techniques and offers its own unique challenges. It is important to learn the proper use of light and composition to create visually appealing and meaningful images.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023: Settings and Options - How to control light with your camera. The exposure triangle is a fundamental concept in photography referring to Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO. What are they, when should you use them, and how?
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023: Getting to Know Your Camera - Get to know your tools. With advances in technology, types of cameras have changed. We will get to know the different types of lenses and what they can do.
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023: You’ve Taken a Great Photo, Now What? - Learn about moving your photos off your camera and editing them. Get a glimpse into histograms and why they are important tools in photography. A good photograph can speak volumes and have a powerful impact.
Each session is free and is provided by Workforce Opportunity Services.
Series Dates and Times:
|May 3, 2023||5:00-6:00 pm EDT||Why We Make Photographs|
|May 10, 2023||5:00-6:00 pm EDT||Settings and Options|
|May 17, 2023||5:00-6:00 pm EDT||Getting to Know Your Camera|
|May 24, 2023||5:00-6:00 pm EDT||Great Photo, Now What?|
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable ALL individuals to engage fully. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please contact Amy Dolph at firstname.lastname@example.org