Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS), a leading non-profit organization connecting individuals from underserved populations with transformative career opportunities, is hosting another free series - Watercolor Mosaic: Exploring the Art of Watercolor Collage with Lynn Cummings
This virtual workshop series is a safe and inclusive space, embracing diversity and celebrating beauty in all its forms. Whether you're a complete beginner or already have some experience, we encourage you to explore, experiment and embrace this opportunity to awaken your creativity!
During this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn the techniques and principles behind watercolor collage to create stunning visual pieces of art. Whether you are looking to expand your knowledge, unwind in a supportive environment, or simply have fun experimenting with new techniques, our workshop will help to unleash your creativity.
This workshop is designed for artists of ALL LEVELS, from beginners to experienced painters looking to advance their skills.
- Discarded watercolor paintings (if you already have some)
- Watercolor paints, brushes and clean paper
- Isopropyl alcohol and eyedropper or Q-tip or toothpick
- Gel medium (gel medium is essentially a binder without pigment)
- An old or cheap brush for applying it
- Water containers
This experience is designed to stimulate creativity.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023: Introduction to Watercolor Collage: - See examples of watercolor collages; prepare watercolor papers with interesting textures.
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023: Deciding on Subject Matter: - Determining the subject matter, starting the tearing process and beginning to glue
- Tuesday, November 21, 2023: Finishing the Collage: - In the final session, we will continue gluing layers or papers and discuss the steps to finish our collages.
Each session is free and is provided by Workforce Opportunity Services.
Series Dates and Times:
|November 7, 2023||5:00-6:00 pm EST||Introduction to Watercolor Collage|
|November 14, 2023||5:00-6:00 pm EST||Deciding on Subject Matter|
|November 21, 2023||5:00-6:00 pm EST||Finishing the Collage|